Poor sleep leads to...Tough choices
Americans have become so sleep deprived that many choose sleep over intimacy.
A recent Sleep in America Poll released by the National Sleep Foundation found:
- Nearly 25 percent of couples report that their sexual relationship suffers because they are just too tired;
- 20 percent have sex less often or have lost interest in sex because they are too sleepy;
- 29 percent of those polled fell asleep or became very sleepy at work
- 36 percent have nodded off or fallen asleep while driving, with; 32 percent reporting that they drive drowsy at least 1 to 2 times per month and 26 percent drive drowsy during the workday;
- 14 percent missed family events, work functions and leisure activities due to sleepiness;
- 12 percent were late to work because of sleepiness;
- Prescriptions for sleep medications have risen 7% over the past two years. According to data from pharmaceutical consultant IMS Health, 56,287,000 prescriptions for sleep aids were dispensed last year.
In a recent survey of 12,500 travelers conducted by the Westin Hotel Chain, when asked to choose between “sleep” and “really good sex”, 51% favored sleep. By contrast, a similar survey done a decade ago, only 31% preferred sleep.
We can help improve the quality of your sleep so you will be more rested and have more energy! Please contact us at Sound Sleep Health.