About the Conditions We Treat
Treating Sleep Disorders in Seattle
Do you have trouble sleeping at night because of a sleep disorder or other health condition? Rest assured that there may be an effective method of treatment via sleep disorder evaluations, sleep studies, and sleep disorder treatments at Sound Sleep Health.
The various conditions we treat include:
- Snoring : Although snoring may seem to only affect roommates or spouses, snoring actually affects the sleep quality of the person sleeping. Snoring vibrates the throat, mouth, and nose as air passes through the body and can impact the quality of your sleep.
- Sleep apnea : Sleep apnea, also known as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), causes air to be partially or totally blocked from the throat and lungs, causing poor sleep quality. The condition can even increase blood pressure and stress the heart.
- Insomnia : One of the most common types of sleep disorders known as insomnia affects many individuals to different degrees. At Sound Sleep Health, we work to get to the underlying cause of this ailment to determine the appropriate treatment.
- Restless legs : Restless leg syndrome is a disorder which affects people at night, with crawly or achy sensations that do not go away with stretching. This disorder can also affect other parts of the body, such as the arms, neck, and head.
- Circadian rhythm disorders : When the biological clock is disturbed, this is referred to as a circadian rhythm disorder. The disorder presents itself in a number of ways, such as through a constant tendency to stay up late or get tired too early.
- Narcolepsy : The disorder known as narcolepsy is a rare and serious condition which inflicts severe sleepiness during the day and poor sleep at night. It can be treated with a sleep disorder treatment plan from our experienced professionals at Sound Sleep Health.
- Parasomnias : There are many different forms of parasomnia, which are behaviors you are unaware of while you are asleep. This may include violent behavior, wandering the house, or leaving your home to go somewhere.
- Others : There are a wide range of sleep disorders which our highly trained specialists are very familiar with. We have the skills to evaluate and diagnose your condition then implement an effective treatment that is customized to fit your needs.
Please call us today at (425) 636-2400 to learn more about Sound Sleep Health and how we may be able to help you get a better sleep!